Wednesday 8 October 2014

Morrocan or Mexican? Or How About A Weird Fusion?

Ingredients:
Soy and Lindseed Bread
Avocado
Capsicum
Cheese
Onions
Sesame Seeds
Almonds
Fajita mix spices

How quick can you:
  1. Heat oil on stove with around a tablespoon of fajita spices. Slice onions into large pieces and when oil is reasonably hot, chuck into pan and leave to go soft. Or crunchy, I don't know how you like your onions. But remember that the onions will shrink in size when cooking so cook a little bit more than you actually want. Add capsicum a bit later (But I wanted a bit of a crunch. If you like yours soft, do it earlier)
  2. Then add the sliced almonds and sesame seeds near the very end of the cooking, just to marinade a bit in the leftover flavour but not to kill it's nutty taste.
  3. Toast soy and lindseed bread then cut into bit size pieces
  4. Cut a hard avocado into squares

Layer the stuff to make sure all delicious elements are visible so you can fool your friends into thinking the toast bread is chicken. I don't understand how they see it. Have you seen chicken? DOES IT HAVE SEEDS IN IT?

How quick did I do?
Everything was reasonably quick but I paused for like 20 minutes to wait for my phone to charge so I could take pictures and also cater to my finger which I sliced while cutting capsicum. And I was distracted by 60 minutes....again....

Ok let's be honest. Was it good?
I'm a very modest person, so yeah it was good. I ate it pretty quickly. But it isn't a super fresh salad, It's more like a really good dissected sandwich.

Green, green, green. The world is green.
Grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment